How it works:
Fill Out The Form Now
- Fill out the form with your name, address, and contact information. This must match your electric bill exactly, even if the statement has typo errors.
- Use a script signature on the form.
- Take two pictures of your electric bill. The first should show areas 1-6 as numbered in the first picture below and similar to as shown in the second sample picture below. The second picture should be a close up of the graph (numbered as #3). , as shown in the examples below , and upload them here.
- We will check your information and submit your rate reduction application to El Paso Electric on your behalf.
- El Paso Electric will contact you and change your electric meter at no charge.
Notes on the Time of Day Rate:
To get the best deal, you must request the best rate.
The Time of Day rate is the best deal, but you must request the rate to get on it.
The benefits are:
- You are guaranteed not to pay more than the other rate, so there is no risk to try this rate; you can only pay less. If you don’t wind up saving money, you are guaranteed to have your bills analyzed, and if you would have paid less under the standard rate, EPE will credit you the difference. You can’t lose by trying this rate.
- Based on the time of day, the prices change, and so you can save up to 49% for times the other rate is higher.
- For a tiny percentage of the time (4% of the year), the time of day price will be double the other rate. So our analysis is that most people will save about 15% overall with a slight effort to use less during the high price time. EPE will not control your home; it is totally up to you. We will provide you a free sticker or a refrigerator magnet that says:
“Avoid high electric prices 3:00 – 7:00 Monday – Friday, June 1 to September 30.”
- If you avoid running the dryer or dishwasher and turn up the A/C thermostat a degree or two in these short times (4% of the year), you will save more money. Homes with evaporative cooling and homes that use energy storage thermostats will save even more.
- EPE’s largest customers unfairly pay less than half of what residential customers and small commercial customers pay per kilowatt. By participating in this rate, you will be part of a group for whom, we will request further rate reductions (in the next rate case). We expect those who do not participate in this rate will have their electric prices go up in the next rate case.
Remember: There is no charge and no fee for this rate reduction. You sign up, and you are guaranteed lower prices. It’s that simple.
Questions? Call 575-639-9945
Request for Change to New Mexico Time of Day Rate ordered in NMPRC Case No. 21-00104-UT Final Order.
Fill Out The Form Now